As a people we’re programmed sometimes to – put off things until tomorrow. We put many things on the back-burner with the intention of going back and retrieving it later only to find out that many years have passed us by and the things that we constantly put off with the intention to do – has turned to ashes.
We constantly put our busy lives, schedules and appointments before us as if that’s going to make us better, wiser or popular. So, we create bucket list – lists of the fun, awkward and adventurous things that we want to do before we die, in hopes that we really do get to achieve at least one or two before we kick the bucket and in most cases, some people never get a chance to complete one.
BUT WAIT……ARE YOU DEAD YET???, NO – YOU’RE NOT.
Sure, we’re all going to die someday, but why wait until that time is near to start taking risks and become adventurous. It’s amazing because when “LIFE” happens to us (as I like to call it) it’s only at that time that we really began to smell the flowers and acknowledge the itsy, bitsy things in life that we on any other hand would have ignored. But why does it have to take us to be in a tragedy or at deaths door, to really appreciate life – OUR LIFE!
So, if you have a bucket list of things that you would like to do before you kick the bucket, I’m telling you right now……TEAR IT UP!!!!
Now, I know this may be somewhat of a SHOCK to your system…
But, you’ll be fine. The purpose of Life is for us to live in the NOW, not in the LATER. Make the most of every inch of time we have now and appreciate them. So, let’s tear up and put a line through the
SHOULD, COULD & WOULD list and let’s replace it with DO or DID. We only get one shot at this Life and do you really want to put it on hold until later down the line?….I think Not!
This summer, let’s plan to do something fun and great. I know it’s almost over but that doesn’t mean that you still can’t get the most out of it before it says BYE-BYE! but just because the summer is ending doesn’t mean that your list of TO DO’s have too. You can create a list for Fall & Winter as well. The goal of having a list is to make sure that we continue to move and stay active daily. If your list is filled with things to do – you’ll not only be exploring and having fun but you’ll be creating memories and living out your best life NOW! as life is meant to be lived with having NO REGRETS!
So, to help you out with your summer and your fall and winter lists – Below I have come up with a couple of suggestions that you can do, to crush those list and Live your Life!
You may have already done some of these, but just in case you haven’t here is something else to add to your list.
- Have a Bonfire
- Make Homemade Popsicle’s – we used to do this with Kool-Aid.
- Have Breakfast in Bed
- Have a Movie Series Marathon
- Blow Bubbles – You can get these at the dollar store. Go to a park and blow bubbles with the kids, your family or friends. See who can blow the biggest one.
- Play Frisbee
- Go Fishing
- Have a Game Night with your Family or Friends or Both.
- Roast Marshmallows and tell stories of when you were young or ghost stories.
- Watch the Clouds go By
- Barbecue – I love a good ole backyard Bar-b-cue.
- Go to the Beach and Find Shells
- Make Root Beer Floats – Yummy!
- Go on a Picnic at the Park
- Have or Host a Water Balloon Fight
- Get a Pedicure/Manicure
- Send a message in a bottle and put it in the river or pond, you might be surprised where it ends up
- Play on Monkey Bars – Okay, so I did this and let me tell you. This girl is not what she used to be, but it was seriously fun to be a kid again..
- Read a chapter book and set a time to finish it before summer’s end.
- Eat Ice-Cream every single day of the summer – and try some different ones. My new favorite is Pistachio Almond by Blue Bunny. So Delicious….
- Take a picture of a lighthouse – I’ve always loved lighthouses, it would be nice to see one up front.
- Write Letters – This world has gotten so TECH savvy until we forget about the pen and paper. Take out time to write a letter to someone special and mail it to them – they will not only be surprised but your words on paper would be more meaningful than an email or text.
- Take a family walk through a trail.
- Go Swimming or Snorkeling.
This is just a short list of things that I came up with but if you need more ideas, you can visit REAL SIMPLE here and check out their summer fun activities checklist. So with all of these new ideas or maybe old ones, there’s no reason for you to leave the summer feeling like you haven’t accomplished anything. You can now let the Summer go and get to creating your lists for Fall & Winter. Being the person that I am, I couldn’t just leave you hanging out there like that, so I created the list below for you to print off and have a healthy start to living out that bucket list all through the rest of the season.
FALL & WINTER BUCKET LIST IDEAS
So what are you waiting for – You have some LIVING TO DO!
Roshonda N. Blackmon – Creator of JustsumInspiration, Author, Speaker & Encourager
Let’s Live Well, Laugh Loud & Love Hard!
** ** **
Feel free to comment or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
For Daily Inspiration, you can follow us on one or all of the social media sites below:
Facebook: JustsumInspiration for the Mind, Body & Soul