Well, since today is the last day of the month of November …andddd… since we’ve been discussing gratitude all month – I thought I’d end this month with a bang by sharing my 10 best/favorite gratitude quotes with you. You know gratitude is a little thing that means a whole lot – it’s the quality or feeling of being grateful and/or thankful. While we can look around us and all agree “What in the world is there to be grateful for?” and low and behold, if you tune into the news or social media outlets daily and view all the negativity it has going on, the whole world looks as if its going mad and it’ll make you want to throw in the towel and get mad right along with it, all of which can be very depressing.
We can’t help what comes across the news just as well as we can’t help what other people do, how they feel or what they think. In this life, we can only control what we do, how we think, what we say and how we feel about certain situations; therefore, it’s up to us to look through all the negative junk and find a positive or I guess you can say “silver” lining in the world around you. There’s always something to be thankful for – in some cases you may have to look deep to find it but in most cases, it’s the simple things such as giving thanks for your life, health and strength, because someone, somewhere is wishing they had at least one of the three. Bottom line, the world may be mad but it’s not what the world does; but its what you allow yourself to see and how you allow yourself to react to it.
Listed below are my 10 top fave quotes – If yours didn’t make the list, then feel free to give me your favorite in the comments!
- Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. Maya Angelou
- Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude. A.A. Milne
- What consumes your mind, Controls your life. Practice Gratitude. Unknown
- When some things go wrong, take a moment to be thankful for the many more things that went and are still going right. Unknown
- You gotta look for the Good in the Bad, The Happy in your Sad, The Gain in your Pain and what makes you Grateful not Hateful. Karen Salmansohn
- If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough. Meister Eckhart
- No matter what language you speak, a kind and smiling Thank You, Always speaks to everyone’s hearts. Unknown
- The miracle of gratitude is that it shifts your perception to such an extent that it changes the world you see. Dr. Robert Holden
- What if you woke up Today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday? Unknown
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. John F. Kennedy
Do you have a favorite gratitude quote?, don’t forget to leave it in the comments below!!
Roshonda N. Blackmon – Creator of A Blog, A Magazine. It’s JustsumInspiration, Author, Speaker & Encourager
Let’s Live Well, Laugh Loud, Inspire More & Love Harder!
You must be logged in to post a comment.